Sunday, December 25, 2011

Passion 2012 Pre-Primer

On this Christmas day, I ignore Christmas completely. I am gearing up for something in eight day's time. Passion 2012 is a large conference that attracts over fifteen thousand 18-24 year-olds to the Georgia Dome for four days. Every year it gets better, and this'll be my first year being exposed to such an event. I will have a camcorder with me, and will use it to take video logs multiple times every day at the event.

So, what do I expect from this event? Well, Chris Tomlin will be debuting two new songs at the event, “White Flag” and “Lay Me Down”. I have heard these two songs live at Passion City Church, and they are very engaging and amazing tunes.
Passion 2012 will be the David Crowder* Band's last performance before they break up. The band's 11-year running has been nothing but joy for millions, and I am proud to say that I was at their last performance.
Louie Giglio will enrapture the audience every day with his stories and sermons. Though the sermon may be shallow, and a touch corny, I do not grudge him for it, for he shows everything in a different light, one that is sure to keep the people wanting more.
The crowds will be insane. Fifteen-thousand college-age people in one dome. The seating goes out onto the field. It'll be an experience I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog